Getting an appraisal from JM Appraisal Services before putting your BREWER home on the market saves you time and money.
Selling your home? You would be wise to invest in a professional appraisal. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it's worth every penny in the long run! Unless the homeowner spends hours every week on real estate valuation, like an appraiser, it's practically impossible for them to fully grasp real estate market forces.
We are not talking about how much you've spent buying and improving your home, or the amount you need to get for it. Instead, an appraisal provides a professional opinion on how much your home will bring on the open market.
After all, a home is only worth the price another person is offering to pay.
||Contact us for details regarding our specialized services for home sellers.
Going to sell your home yourself?
An increasing amount of Maine homeowners are making the decision to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But to do it right, with minimal waiting and for top dollar, what you need is a professional appraisal. It can be very difficult to get an objective opinion, and we understand that it can be very difficult to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sensible selling price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
Folks are sometimes surprised when they find out their home's value is higher than they originally thought.
So taking the first step and spending a little on a professional appraisal allowed them to receive several thousand more than they expected they would get.
Others have an an exaggerated opinion when they put a value on their home, and by getting an appraisal it helped them to to set a more reasonable price for their home in order for it to sell quickly - rather than waiting on the market for months. An overpriced home will not attract buyers, reducing your offers, making closing more difficult, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
- Be a very useful bargaining tool when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the interior and exterior condition of your home
- Call attention to any problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might stall a closing
- Prevent the chances of unrevealed problems that cause sales to deteriorate
Get a comprehensive appraisal before listing
You may have a very experienced agent, but it's definitely a good idea to get an objective third-party's opinion of value prior to signing a listing contract.
JM Appraisal Services can help. We can furnish you with a pre-listing appraisal that will let you and your agent have a definitive writeup of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the the newest and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
A resource for for local real estate knowledge
If you feel like an appraisal is not necessary but you need some help gathering local property and sales data, we
have services tailored for the needs of customers like you to help with your real estate decisions.
Here's what to expect when you order an appraisal from us...
- We take great pride in making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a immediate response: We personalize information to the needs of our customers. We'll be thrilled to give you suggestions - just let us know what your situation is.
- Quick turnaround time: Usually one week or less from the date the request is received, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations that suit YOUR needs:
We've worked on a lot of assignments, and we understand that in the practice of real estate appraising, there isn't a typical or standard "generic" report. We provide a lot of different types of reports and are skillful at providing appraisals to consumers that keep the industry jargon to a minimum so that you don't have to be real estate attorney to read it.
- Prompt to follow-up questions: When we write reports, we make sure they are written in plain English, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that moderates the appraisal practice.
Should you have any confusion regarding your appraisal after you've read through the report, feel free to give us a call or email us!